Overseas tourbillon dressed in pink gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B73_LFST_2Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B73_LFST_1Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B73_LFST_3Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_CU1Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_CU2Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_LA_RBLOverseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_SDTOverseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_SDT_RBLOverseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_SDT_LBLOverseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_VOverseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Calibre_2160_R_tr_blue screwThe automatic caliber 2160 has an 80-hour power reserve. Its 188 components come to life in a 31 mm diameter with a thickness of 5.65 mm. This movement is certified with the Hallmark of Geneva.
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Calibre_2160_backThe automatic caliber 2160 has an 80-hour power reserve. Its 188 components come to life in a 31 mm diameter with a thickness of 5.65 mm. This movement is certified with the Hallmark of Geneva.
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Caliber2160_Watchmaking_workshop_1Caliber 2160 Calibre 2160
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Caliber2160_Watchmaking_workshop_3Caliber 2160 Calibre 2160
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Caliber2160_Watchmaking_workshop_2Caliber 2160 Calibre 2160
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_Caliber2160_Watchmaking_workshop_4The automatic caliber 2160 has an 80-hour power reserve. Its 188 components come to life in a 31 mm diameter with a thickness of 5.65 mm. This movement is certified with the Hallmark of Geneva.
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733Overseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- VAC_Overseas_Tourbillon_6000V_110R_B733_backOverseas Tourbillon Pink Gold
- An all-pink gold version beautifully matching the blue lacquered dial and sunburst satin finish
- An ultra-thin mechanical self-winding movement with a tourbillon: calibre 2160 with a peripheral rotor and 80-hour power reserve
- Three interchangeable bracelet/straps
Geneva, April 7th 2021 – After a steel version in 2019, the Overseas tourbillon model now appears attired in 18K 5N pink gold. A tourbillon, a blue lacquered dial with a sunburst satin finish and an interchangeable bracelet/strap system accompany this material that is both refined and modern – two principles deeply cherished by the Maison. This new model, presented at Watches & Wonders 2021, is part of the theme of the Maison for 2021 : entitled Classic with a Twist, it highlights Vacheron Constantin’s creative energy, guided by an identity that celebrates a heritage and dares to deliver the unexpected.
This new pink gold version highlights more than 265 years of watchmaking tradition passed on from generation to generation within the workshops of the Manufacture. It testifies to the care devoted by the Maison to producing extremely complicated watches with unfailing care for technical detail and reliability – as exemplified in calibre 2160, an ultra-thin tourbillon movement measuring just 5.65 mm thick.
The spirit of travel
The 18K 5N pink gold Overseas tourbillon is driven by the spirit of travel, inherited from one of Vacheron Constantin’s founders. The Maison had its eye on far horizons right from the start, establishing a presence on four continents by the 19th century and nurturing its expansion by travelling to different parts of the world and making landmark encounters throughout its history. Building on the strength of this dynamic, the Manufacture constantly evolves its models in line with its customers' requirements, such as this new version of the Overseas tourbillon model embodying a modern lifestyle that is resolutely open to the world.
A sporty and elegant design
This new Overseas tourbillon timepiece exudes elegance in every situation. Its sleekly sophisticated design stems from the dynamic and harmonious lines of its 18K 5N pink gold case and its hexagonal bezel suggesting the shape of the Maltese cross. The precious 42.5 mm case frames an emblematic blue lacquered dial with a sunburst satin finish reflecting a resolutely urban spirit. In addition to its deep hue specifically developed for the collection, it is distinguished by the richness of its details: a sunburst finish accentuated by elegant light effects, 18K 5N pink gold hour-markers and hands, all beautifully matching the interchangeable bracelet/straps. The watch can be worn as desired with a 18K 5N pink gold bracelet or a strap in blue Mississippiensis alligator leather or blue rubber. The leather and rubber straps each come with an 18K 5N pink gold pin buckle. No tools are required for these smooth and easy swaps. This simple and reliable interchangeability concept developed by the Maison enables a true sense of controlled originality.
The quest for excellence driving the Maison’s watchmakers makes them clearly aware of the imperatives that a calibre must meet. Technical mastery and extreme precision are the common denominators of this timepiece, whose rotating tourbillon cancels out the effects of the Earth's gravity. Above and beyond the sophistication of this ultra-thin movement comprising 188 components housed within a 5.65 mm-thick space, the spirit of the collection is pragmatically expressed through a comfortable 80-hour power reserve and the useful presence of a small seconds on the tourbillon carriage.
Technical mastery is also evident in the calibre's finishes. In addition to the openworked tourbillon carriage, the latter features a bar whose delicate hand-chamfering requires nearly 12 hours of work on this component alone. On the caseback side, the 22K gold peripheral oscillating weight – adorned with motifs inspired by the Maltese cross – not only enhances the thickness of the movement, but also enables one to admire the beauty of the traditionally-finished components.
Classic with a Twist
Vacheron Constantin’s creativity has always remained closely attuned to its time while evoking its memories. This byword for elegance, adopted by each watchmaker, artisan and designer throughout the years and centuries, celebrates heritage and dares to explore the unexpected. Poised at the intersection between technical virtuosity and aesthetic refinement, the enduring allure of Vacheron Constantin timepieces makes its way unscathed through passing eras. Because timelessness cannot be achieved merely by complying with the canons of traditional watchmaking, each creation is tinged with a touch of boldness revealed in the smallest details. Special displays, offset indications, specific chamfering of all components, hand-crafted finishing and the complexity of a mechanism are just a few examples of this expertise. The result is a very personal field of expression where technique and style converge in a subtle harmony between the conventional and the atypical.
Dedicated to travelers, the Overseas tourbillon model in its new 18K 5N pink gold case is perfectly in tune with the times. It embodies modernity and technical excellence with its ultra-thin calibre 2160 tourbillon movement, which cultivates attention to detail expressed through every aspect of its finishing. Its three easily interchangeable bracelet/straps – in pink gold, alligator leather and rubber – make this a watch suited to every occasion.
Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
Mechanical, self-winding, peripheral rotor
31 mm (13½’’’) diameter, 5.65 mm thick
Approximately 80 hours of power reserve
2.5 Hz (18,000 vibrations per hour)
Hallmark of Geneva certified timepiece
Hours, minutes, small seconds on tourbillon carriage (coloured screw)
18K 5N pink gold
42.5 mm diameter, 10.39 mm thick
Soft iron casing ring ensuring anti-magnetic protection
Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
Water-resistant tested at a pressure of 5 bar (approx. 50 metres)
Translucent blue-lacquered, sunburst satin-finished base with velvet-finished flange
18K 5N pink gold hour-markers and hours & minutes hands highlighted with Super-LumiNova®
18K 5N pink gold bracelet (half Maltese cross-shaped polished and satin-brushed links), secured by a 18K 5N pink gold triple-blade folding clasp with push-pieces and comfort-adjustment system
Blue Mississippiensis alligator leather with blue stitches
Each additional strap comes with an 18K 5N pink gold buckle