- 2305V-100A-B170_SDTOverseas lady blue 2305V/100A-B170
- 2305V-100A-B170_VOverseas lady 2305V/100A-B170
- 2305V-100R-B077_SDT_ruOverseas lady nude 2305V/100R-B077 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 2305V-100R-B077_SDT_leOverseas lady nude 2305V/100R-B077 bracelet cuir leather
- 4300V-120G-B102_SDT_leOverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102 bracelet cuir leather
- 2305V-100A-B170_SDT_leOverseas lady blue 2305V/100A-B170 bracelet cuir leather
- 2305V-100A-B170_ROverseas lady blue 2305V/100A-B170
- 2305V-100A-B170_RVOverseas lady 2305V/100A-B170 recto-verso
- 4300V-120G-B102_SDTOverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102
- 2305V-100A-B170_SDT_ruOverseas lady blue 2305V/100A-B170 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 4300V-120G-B102_VOverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102
- 2305V-100R-B077_SDTOverseas lady nude 2305V/100R-B077
- 4300V-120G-B102_RVOverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102 recto-verso
- 4300V-120G-B102_PROFILOverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102
- 2305V-100A-B170_CUOverseas lady blue 2305V/100A-B170
- 1120QP_VCalibre 1120QP Overseas verso masse Overseas
- 2000V-120G-B122_SDTOverseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122
- 1120_VCalibre 1120 Verso
- 1120QP_RCalibre 1120QP Recto
- 1120_RCalibre 1120 Overseas Recto
- 2000V-120G-B122_SDT_leOverseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122 leather
- 2305V-100A-B078_SDT_ruOverseas lady nude 2305V/100A-B078 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 2000V-120G-B122_ROverseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122
- 2000V-120G-B122_RVOverseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122 recto-verso
- 4300V-120G-B102_ROverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102
- 2000V-120G-B122_RV-1Overseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122
- 2305V-100A-B078_SDTOverseas lady nude 2305V/100A-B078
- 2305V-000R-B077_SDT_ruOverseas lady nude 2305V/00R-B077 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 2305V-100A-B078_SDT_leOverseas lady nude 2305V/100A-B078 bracelet cuir leather
- 2305V-000R-B077_SDT_leOverseas lady nude 2305V/00R-B077
- 2000V-120G-B122_SDT_ruOverseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 2000V-120G-B122_VOverseas ultra-thin 2000V/120G-B122
- 2305V-000R-B077_ROverseas lady nude 2305V/000R-B077
- 4300V-120G-B102_SDT_ruOverseas ultra-thin QP 4300V/120G-B102 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 4500V-000R-B127_ROverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B127 3/4 face
- 4500V-000R-B127_SDT_leOverseas Auto 4500V/000R-B127 bracelet cuir leather
- 5500V-110A-B075_SDTOverseas chrono argent 5500V/110A-B075
- 5500V-000R-B074_SDT_leOverseas chrono or 5500V/000R-B074
- 5500V-110A-B148_CU1Overseas chrono bleu 5500V/110A-B148
- 5500V-000R-B074_SDT_ruOverseas chrono or 5500V/000R-B074 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 5500V-000R-B074_ROverseas chrono or 5500V/000R-B074
- 5300_VCalibre 5300 Overseas verso
- 5500V-110A-B148_SDT_leOverseas chrono blue 5500V/110A-B148 bracelet cuir leather
- 5300_RCalibre 5300 Overseas Recto
- 5500V-110A-B148_RVOverseas chrono blue 5500V/110A-B148 recto-verso
- 5500V-110A-B075_SDT_ruOverseas chrono argent 5500V/110A-B075 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 5500V-110A-B148_ROverseas chrono bleu 5500V/110A-B148
- 5500V-110A-B075_SDT_leOverseas chrono argent 5500V/110A-B075 bracelet cuir leather
- 5500V-110A-B148_SDTOverseas chrono blue 5500V/110A-B148
- 5500V-110A-B148_LAOverseas chrono blue 5500V/110A-B148
- 5100_VCalibre 5100 Overseas verso
- 5500V-110A-B148_VOverseas chrono bleu 5500V/110A-B148
- 5200_VCalibre 5200 Overseas verso
- 5500V-110A-B148_SDT_ruOverseas chrono blue 5500V/110A-B148 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 4500V-110A-B126_SDT_ruOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B126 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 4500V-110A-B128_ROverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128
- 4500V-110A-B126_SDT_leOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B126 bracelet cuir leather
- 4500V-110A-B126_SDTOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B126
- 4500V-000R-B127_SDT_ruOverseas Auto 4500V/000R-B127 bracelet caoutchouc rubber
- 4500V-110A-B128_SDT_leOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128 bracelet cuir leather
- 5200_RCalibre 5200 Overseas Recto
- 4500V-110A-B126_ROverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B126 3/4 face
- 5100_RCalibre 5100 Overseas Recto
- 4500V-110A-B128_RVOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128 recto-verso
- 4500V-110A-B128_SDTOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128
- 4500V-110A-B128_STRAPSOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128
- 4500V-110A-B128_VOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128
- 4500V-110A-B128_SDT_ruOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128 bracelet caoutchouc Rubber
- Boucle_CUboucle interchangeable sur bracelet cuir Overseas
- 4500V-110A-B128_LAOverseas Auto 4500V/110A-B128 close-up low angle
OVERSEAS, a unique perspective on the world
- A signature: casual elegance revisited, dedicated to 21st century travelers
- Hallmark of Geneva certification
- New Vacheron Constantin calibres combining simple and complicated displays, driven by an oscillating weight inspired by the wind rose, a symbol of travel
- Interchangeable bracelets/straps ensuring unique comfort, attuned to customer expectations
Vacheron Constantin is reinventing one of its iconic collections, Overseas. Created in a spirit of casual elegance and practicality, five new models (12 references) equipped with Manufacture movements – including three new calibres – embody the new generation of self-winding timepieces inspired by the spirit of travel. All models, whether in steel or gold, from the simplest to the most complicated, bear the Hallmark of Geneva and are fitted with easily interchangeable bracelets/straps, a guarantee of comfort anywhere in the world. Alongside watches featuring simple displays (hours, minutes, seconds, with or without date), the collection also comprises chronographs and ultra-thin timepieces.
A bit of history
From the late 19th century onwards, timepieces embodying remarkable breakthroughs in terms of anti-magnetism and water-resistance were the first steps towards sports-oriented watches from the Maison. A model created in 1885 was designed to withstand magnetic disturbances thanks to the incorporation of palladium, gold and bronze components. In 1898, Vacheron Constantin presented a water-resistant pocket watch capable of withstanding extreme conditions. The formal characteristics of its sturdy case heralded the design of contemporary sport watches. The 1930s saw the emergence of steel “form” watches distinguished by screwed-down bezels and casebacks, as well as by unbreakable sapphire crystals. The technical attributes and the sporty appearance of these timepieces were confirmed through an aesthetic approach combining a “form” case with a 10-sided case topped by a round disc. This trend was reinterpreted several decades later, during the 1970s, by various iconic models including the famous “222” presented in 1977 to mark the 222nd anniversary of Vacheron Constantin. This sport watch was fitted with a screwed-down bezel and caseback guaranteeing water-resistance to 120 metres. Designed to suit an active lifestyle, it inspired the 1996 creation of the first Overseas models, powered by the spirit of travel and openness to the world. This remarkably technical collection soon became a touchstone for the Maison. Its dynamic lines, its signature bezel and its solid caseback adorned with a depiction of the famous Amerigo Vespucci three-masted ship are an open invitation to travel the seven seas. Vacheron Constantin has gradually developed the identify codes of this line over the years, such as the metal bracelet introduced in 2004 and featuring a motif evoking the Maltese cross brand emblem. In 2016, the new-wave, Hallmark of Geneva-certified Overseas is casting anchor in the 21st century.
Flowing, ergonomic lines, subtle light effects and delicate finishes place the new Overseas models firmly within a timeless yet distinctly contemporary aesthetic universe. The curves of the case ensure seamless integration with the bracelet or strap, a feature that is both technically sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing. The six-sided bezel and the fluted crown with its grooves evoke the Maison design codes. The rounded, polished and satin-finished opening dips towards a refined dial topped by a sapphire crystal glareproofed on both sides. Coated with a translucent blue, silver-toned, rosy beige or grey lacquer – depending on the model – that intensifies the depth effect, the dials alternate between sunburst, snailed and velvety finishes. The gold luminescent facetted hands and hour-markers echo the gold frame surrounding the inner bezel ring, while the Arabic numerals ensure optimal readability. The screwed-down caseback fitted with a sapphire crystal reveals a 22K gold oscillating weight adorned with a wind rose, a universal symbol indicating the cardinal points for travelers, and adorned with sandblasted, polished and finely grained finishes.
Comfort and user friendliness: self-winding calibres, water-resistance and interchangeable bracelets/straps
In keeping with the travel spirit, Overseas timepieces meet practical demands in order to guarantee their owner ideal comfort and user friendliness. They are equipped with mechanical self-winding movements ensuring a generous power reserve. Protected from magnetic disturbances by a soft iron ring, these calibres are endowed with remarkable precision and durability, while the case with a transparent and generally screwed-down caseback ensures water-resistance to 50 metres for the ultra-thin models, and to 150 metres for the others.
The new Overseas models are all about modularity, with three types of easily interchangeable stainless steel or precious metal bracelets – complete with an easy-fit system for enhanced comfort – as well as leather and rubber straps. An ingenious interchangeability device for the bracelets/straps and the folding clasp, serves to secure them in place without any need for tools, while guaranteeing the same robustness as a fixed bracelet or strap.
The Overseas bracelets/straps display remarkable finishes: the metal bracelets are domed and graced with a satin-brushed finish as well as polished interior angles evoking the half Maltese Cross motif; the rubber strap also bears a motif inspired by the same famous Vacheron Constantin emblem; while the alligator leather strap has a flat tip and a velvety nubuck lining accentuated by a micro-perforated effect, hence combining comfort & sporty aesthetics.
The Hallmark of Geneva, a firm commitment for 130 years
The new Overseas collection meets the demanding criteria of the Hallmark of Geneva, the prestigious label of quality and excellence instated in 1886. Standing for much more than just a certification of origin, it is issued by a neutral and independent official body. The Hallmark of Geneva rewards watches developed and assembled in Geneva according to extremely stringent criteria relating both to movement components and to the performance of the watch.
Embodying a four-fold consumer guarantee of provenance, resilience, accuracy and expertise, the Hallmark of Geneva establishes high production standards serving to achieve the best possible results in terms of reliability and aesthetics, while ensuring respect for traditional hand workmanship as well as the transmission of these skills. Vacheron Constantin is its most loyal representative since 1901.
Overseas Chronograph – Calibre 5200
The Overseas Chronograph watch bearing the Hallmark of Geneva is equipped with Calibre 5200, the new self-winding chronograph movement developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin. The result of a five-year development process, this 263-component calibre is fitted with a column wheel coordinating the chronograph start, stop and reset functions, as well as a vertical coupling clutch preventing any jerking of the hand when the chronograph starts. A signature feature of new Vacheron Constantin chronographs, the column wheel is adorned with a screw shaped like the Manufacture’s signature Maltese cross emblem. This movement is equipped with a twin barrel enhancing its torque and its reliability while ensuring over 50 hours of power reserve. Protected from magnetic fields by a soft iron ring, it powers the hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph and date indications. These functions are all displayed on a silver-toned or blue dial adorned with sunburst, snailed and velvety finishes. The gold facetted hands and hour-markers hands are coated with a luminescent material ensuring optimal readability.
The Overseas Chronograph comes in a stainless steel or 18K pink gold 42.5 mm-diameter case. Its screwed-down pushpieces, crown and caseback guarantee water-resistance to 150 metres, while its transparent back reveals a 22K gold oscillating weight adorned with a wind rose. The new stainless steel models are each delivered with three interchangeable bracelet/straps: a steel bracelet with an easy-fit system, along with rubber and leather straps. The two latter are fitted with an equally interchangeable stainless steel folding clasp. The pink gold model comes with two straps: one in leather and the other in rubber, both fitted with an interchangeable pink gold folding clasp.
Overseas – Calibre 5100
Hours, minutes, seconds, date: this Overseas model displays essential functions with an aura of natural distinction. Nestled in a 41 mm-diameter case in stainless steel or 18K pink gold, the new Calibre 5100 entirely designed, developed and crafted by Vacheron Constantin is composed of 172 parts. It beats at the rate of 28,800 vibrations per hour and is endowed with a comfortable more than 60-hour power reserve guaranteed by its twin barrels (ensuring the constancy of the torque delivered to the regulating organ). The transparent screwed-down caseback reveals the precious 22K gold oscillating weight adorned with a wind rose. This timepiece certified by the Hallmark of Geneva adopts a sunburst blue or silver-toned dial, swept over by gold luminescent hands and hour-markers. Anti-magnetic thanks to the soft iron ring surrounding its movement and water-resistant to 150 metres, this model lends itself to all occasions with its three interchangeable bracelet/straps: a stainless steel bracelet with an easy-fit sizing system; as well as two straps in rubber and leather respectively. The latter are supplied with an equally adjustable stainless steel folding clasp. The pink gold version is fitted with a leather strap and comes with a second rubber strap as well as an interchangeable pink gold folding clasp.
Overseas small model – Calibre 5300
The Overseas Small Model is adorned with 84 round-cut diamonds totalling over one carat and daintily set on its six-sided bezel. At the heart of its stainless steel or 18K pink 37 mm-diameter case beats the new Calibre 5300 developed and crafted by Vacheron Constantin. This 128-part self-winding movement powers the hours, minutes and small seconds at 9 o’clock, while ensuring an approximately two-day power reserve. The Overseas small model comes with a choice of rosy beige or blue dial. A pair of gold luminescent hands sweep around the matching hour-markers punctuating this perfectly legible dial face. The back of the watch provides an equally enchanting sight by revealing the 22K gold oscillating weight adorned with a wind rose. Proudly bearing the prestigious Hallmark of Geneva, the Overseas small model comes with interchangeable bracelet/straps. The steel models are delivered with three interchangeable bracelet/straps and an interchangeable folding clasp, while the pink gold models come with two or three bracelet/straps that can be fitted with an interchangeable folding clasp or a buckle.
Overseas ultra-thin perpetual calendar – Calibre 1120 QP
The Overseas Ultra-thin Perpetual Calendar displays its technical complexity with the collection’s characteristically understated air of distinction. This timepiece bearing the Hallmark of Geneva certification and available exclusively in Vachereron Constantin boutiques houses the emblematic Vacheron Constantin Calibre 1120 QP, an ultra-thin mechanical self-winding movement equipped with a perpetual calendar complete with moon phases. This function calls for impressive feats of miniaturisation in order to adjust to calendar irregularities while requiring no adjustment until the year 2100, as well as to accommodate its 276 components within a space barely 4.05 mm thick. Beating a the frequency of 19,800 vibrations per hour and endowed with an approximately 40-hour power reserve, the mechanism drives the hours, minutes, perpetual calendar – with day of the week, date, month and 48-month leap-year indications – as well as moon phases. The 18K white gold 41.5 mm-diameter case frames a grey dial lightly punctuated by blue accents, while the sapphire crystal caseback reveals a 22K oscillating weight adorned with a wind rose and subtle finishes. This new reference radiating a pleasing appearance in every situation is fitted with an interchangeable white gold bracelet complete with easy-fit system, complemented by two leather and rubber variations, both secured by a white gold buckle.
Overseas ultra-thin – Calibre 1120
The Overseas Ultra-thin watch exudes an aura of apparent sobriety. Available exclusively in Vacheron Constantin boutiques, this distinguished model meets the demanding Hallmark of Geneva requirements. Its slim 18K white gold 40 mm-diameter case houses Calibre 1120, an ultra-thin self-winding movement developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin, comprising 144 components while measuring no more than 2.45 mm thick. Endowed with an approximately 40-hour power reserve, the Overseas ultra-thin drives hours and minutes hands sweeping over an elegant grey dial punctuated by gold luminescent facetted hands and hour-markers. The back of the watch, protected by a sapphire crystal, reveals the steady dance of the 22K gold oscillating weight adorned with a wind rose and featuring alternating polished, sandblasted and finely grained finishes. Fitted with an interchangeable white gold case with easy-fit system, this new model is complemented by two straps – one in leather and the other in rubber – secured by a white gold buckle.