Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942 wins the « Revival» Prize in the 2018 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève
- Vacheron-Constantin-Historiques-Triple-Calendrier-1942-2HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942 3110V/000A-B426
- Vacheron-Constantin-Historiques-Triple-Calendrier-1942-1HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942 3110V/000A-B426
- 3110V-000A-B426_R_1593647HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942
- Vacheron-Constantin-GPHG18-C. Selmoni-Prix_Revival
- 3110V-000A-B426_CU_1593646HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942
- 3110V-000A-B426_R_tr_1594780HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942
- 3110V-000A-B426_V_1593651HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942
- 3110V-000A-B426_V_tr_1594774HISTORIQUES TRIPLE CALENDRIER 1942
Geneva, November 9th 2018 – The Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) awards the “Revival” prize to the Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942 watch. This model is a perfect illustration of a unique savoir-faire. A deliberately vintage look for these new models reinterpreting the creativity and the aesthetic of the iconic timepieces born in the 1940s.
The Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942 watch in its steel version, is inspired by reference 4240, of which the first executions in yellow gold, pink gold or steel were introduced in 1942. In keeping with the original, this understated and elegant model drives the hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, along with hand-type date and day and month by aperture. The calendar indications appear in dark blue, on a two-tone silvered dial typical of the era. The sunburst satin-finished centre and the outer zone punctuated by Arabic numerals clearly enhance the legibility of the respective functions and accentuate its retro-chic elegance.
Speaking at the GPHG award ceremony, the Maison’s Style and Heritage Director Christian Selmoni said: “Above and beyond the model itself, this prize rewards the passion and the savoir-faire perpetuated within our Manufacture for generations.The pride Vacheron Constantin takes in developing watches stems from a true vocation, a mission to create beauty, combining the excellence of Fine Watchmaking and horological complications with the refinement of dedicated design and aesthetic. That is what we in the Manufacture refer to as manual intelligence.
A selection of photos from the GPHG evening will be available from the Vacheron Constantin Press Lounge as of November 12th.