Cory Richards’ Everest adventure recounted at a New York event
- VAC_CORY_RICHARDS_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V_000T_B603©Keith Ladzinski
- Cory Topo Day 1 Pano #1
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_PROFIL_trCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_RCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_R_trCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_SDTCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_PROFILCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_LACory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- VAC_Overseas_Dual_Time_7910V-000T-B603_SDT_trCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- Overseas_Cory_Richards_Lifestyle_EverestCory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
- Overseas_Cory_Richards_Lifestyle_Everest_2Cory Richards Everest 2019 Overseas DT Titanium Tantalum
June 18th 2019, New York – Vacheron Constantin celebrated Cory Richards' adventure on Everest at a press conference and customer event. The American explorer and photographer took the opportunity to review his recent expedition, undoubtedly "One of not many".
For Cory Richards, professional photographer and long-distance explorer, the world is brimming with discoveries of which one never tires. Among his many journeys, the Himalayas occupy a special place in the heart of this experienced mountaineer who has already conquered it twice, once without oxygen in 2016. Never short of a challenge, he was keen to undertake a third ascent, this time along the North-East ridge in Tibet, one of the most difficult routes to the roof of the world. Unfortunately, weather conditions decided otherwise. Despite over a year’s careful preparation, Cory Richard had to give up his attempt to reach the top. A wise decision in the face of Mother Nature's whims.
A mutual commitment
Driven by passion, the same openness to the world and taste for innovation, along with audacity and a desire to push existing limits, the American explorer-photographer and Vacheron Constantin decided to embark together on the path of achievement and a discovery of the planet's beauties.
Cory Richards thus joined the very select group of personalities chosen by Vacheron Constantin to embody its "One of not many" communication campaign. Expressing an exceptional universe, this signature accompanies creative collaborations with talents acknowledged for their expertise and their steadfast quest for excellence.
Embodying the beauty of the Earth and Nature, the photographs and videos taken on the dizzying slopes of Everest during Cory Richard’s new attempted ascent will be exhibited in Vacheron Constantin boutiques around the world. This creative collaboration with the Manufacture has also given rise to an Overseas dual time prototype that the explorer wore on his wrist during his ascent.
In tribute to the challenge taken on by Cory Richards: an Overseas dual time prototype
To set the pace for his adventure on the slopes of Everest, Cory Richards wanted to have a watch enabling him to keep track of the time in Nepal, as well as back home in the United States. He chose an Overseas dual time. In honour of his challenge and his constant quest to excel, the Manufacture created a prototype especially with him in mind and featuring an oscillating weight engraved with a design based on one of his Everest photos.
The 41 mm case is forged from sturdy and light titanium, while a reinforcement made of tantalum – a particularly hard metal – has been integrated beneath the bezel and the crown protection is reinforced by two titanium guards. This model is fitted with an orange-stitched grey blue Ventile® technical fabric distinguished by its density along with its exceptional waterproofness. The sporty nature of the prototype is likewise expressed in the orange-accented grey blue frosted dial as well as in the NAC treatment applied to its movement.